Re: preliminary test of d-i on the mips board SWARM from Broadcom

Am Céad, 2004-03-17 ag 23:22, scríobh Thiemo Seufer:

> [snip]
> > In the main menu, I selected "Select a keyboard layout", and chose
> > PS2.  But then I was still on this point in the main menu, rather than
> > on the next one ("Detect network hardware").
>
> Which means the PS/2 config failed, no surprise since the machine
> has no such keyboard. Selecting "No keyboard configuration" might
> be more appropriate for serial console. Wasn't this displayed on
> the SWARM?

Hi,
(Sorry about the delay in writing; phone lines down.)
kbd-chooser in d-i _should_  autodetect serial consoles and put this
option on the menu. Could you please send me a copy of the install log;
it should list  whether serial console was detected or not.

On the SWARM, what device is used as console (during install)?
/dev/console? /dev/ttyS1?

--
Slán agus Beannacht,
Alastair

Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org>
GPG Key fingerprint (New) = CD45 260A 4546 C3C0 F595  F0F6 4132 BF90 2A38 5C57
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself.

- --Thomas Paine