Re: RFC: specification for probing other OSes

On 17.III.2004 at 00:19 Joshua Kwan wrote:

> "/dev/discs/.../part1:Windows NT/2000/XP:chain"
>  ^------------------^ ^----------------^ ^---^
>       partition        OS name for boot   May change: type of boot loader
>                        loader's pretty    required. Usually there is only
> 		       output             a 'linux' style bootloader or
> 		                          a chain one for other partitions
> 					  with their own boot sectors.

What about the various arguments that the 'linux' style bootloader
needs?  At least the kernel, initrd, the root partition of the kernel
and the appended arguments to the kernel are required.

I know that the first version of the os-discoverer will not use all
these arguments, but they must exist in the specification, or we will
have to change it later.

Anton Zinoviev