Re: Installation report: FAILED on i386

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
Apparently beta3 has better SATA support.  Can you try?

I did.  :-P

Here's the lowdown: the installer basically works and installs the system. Unfortunately I can't get either grub or lilo to work, so I can't boot it.

This may have something to do with device mapping in the BIOS -- I may not be feeding the right information to lilo and/or grub. Or it may have something to do with the fact that my system doesn't appear to have a 'compatibility mode' for SATA -- lilo and grub may simply not support SATA natively.

If you can help, please do.  :-(