Re: netinst.iso 2004-03-08: problem with /etc/apt/sources.list

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 10:19:30AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Hmm, I've never seen apt try for more than a quarter second before it
> fails to connect. Maybe your network is different though.

Well, the network is behind a firewall, that does allow http
and ftp and nothing else.  Because I didn't enter our proxy,
I'm not sure, what happened, DNS will fail surely.  After
ten or twenty seconds I got bored and pressed ^C.  Maybe one
could add a helpful text for newbies at this place:

Trying to update the package database.  If anything fails,
please press ^C (control key and c key at the same time).
[apt-get update, etc.]

W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/