Possible generation of damaged initrd / lilo problem

Hello,

I had this[1] problem, and after investigating further, I think it's
either lilo fault to write the initrd correctly or the initrd.img is
generated badly. Here's my lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
prompt
timeout=50
default=425
lba32

image=/vmlinuz
	label=default
	root=/dev/hda2
	read-only
	initrd=/initrd.img

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.25-1-686
	label=425
	root=/dev/hda2
	read-only
	initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.4.25-1-686

I've tried changing the value of DELAY to 10 in /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf
and did dpkg-reconfigure kernel-image-<version> which generates the new initrd.img,
run lilo afterwards but no delay occurs, and no modules for the ide disk are
loaded. I've mounted the newly generated initrd.img-<version> and all the files
seem to be in it. I've also run the lilo with -v 3 and it seems to do everyting
correctly. Any ideas ?

Cheers,
Delian

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/debian-boot-200403/msg01195.html