Re: IA64 install experience (HP zx6000)

Am Aoine, 2004-03-12 ag 14:39, scríobh Jeff Bailey:
> On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 00:59, Roland Dreier wrote:
>
> > Finally, at least with some of the earlier images, my USB keyboard did
> > not work once the installer started up.  Unfortunately the zx6000 does
> > not have a PS/2 keyboard connector so I was only able to do anything
> > through the serial console.  I'm not sure whether this was still the
> > case with the March 10 image, since I just stuck to serial for that
> > image.
>
> rgh or dannf will have to comment on the scsi controller.  I'm working
> on solving the usb keyboard thing (if one of them hasn't already).  The
> machine that generates the nightly snapshots needs to be reinstalled,
> and I'm getting hit on this bug myself. =)
>
> Tks,
> Jeff Bailey

On i386, this is the purpose of the usb-discover udeb: to load modules
necessary for USB keyboards, in particular, to work. This is why it must
be run before keyboard input is required.

What USB modules are required under woody for the keyboard to operate on
the zx6000?

--
Slán agus Beannacht,
Alastair

Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org>
GPG Key fingerprint (New) = CD45 260A 4546 C3C0 F595  F0F6 4132 BF90 2A38 5C57
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself.

- --Thomas Paine