IA64 install experience (HP zx6000)

Hi, here's a not-so-successful IA64 install report:

I tried the March 10 IA64 business card ISO on an HP zx6000
workstation (I also tried various netinst and business card builds
from the previous week earlier).

I ran into a couple of problems and ended up giving up without being
able to install a bootable Debian system.  The first problem was that
the kernel used by the installer did not include the mptscsih or
mptbase modules, which are required for the zx6000's SCSI controller.
I was able to work around this by grabbing a kernel-image .deb,
configuring networking on the zx6000 and then copying the module
binaries from the .deb onto the zx6000.

Once I got the mptscsih module loaded, the installer was able to find
the hard drive.  If I chose automatic partitioning, it seemed as
though the installer did not create an appropriate FAT16 EFI
partition.  I created an EFI partition by hand, and I was able to
install the base system.  However, I was not able to get the installer
to install elilo -- the installer simply went away for a while and
then came back to the main menu.  No error messages were printed, but
elilo was not installed.

Finally, at least with some of the earlier images, my USB keyboard did
not work once the installer started up.  Unfortunately the zx6000 does
not have a PS/2 keyboard connector so I was only able to do anything
through the serial console.  I'm not sure whether this was still the
case with the March 10 image, since I just stuck to serial for that
image.

 - Roland