Re: linux/custom/expert vs workstation/server/expert

* Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> [040312 13:47]:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:51:10PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > On Friday 12 March 2004 10:17, Erich Waelde wrote:
> > > Name    Setting                  Description
> > > linux   DEBCONF_PRIORITY=high    minimum questions asked (recommended)
> > > custom  DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium  more options on bootloader, networking,
> > > expert  DEBCONF_PRIORITY=low     full control especially on hw
> > Second.
> > Maybe custom could/should be recommended for server installation (and linux
> > for workstations).
>
> Then please call server server
> and workstation workstation (and not linux)
>
> server will ask for static IP address
> workstation, the default, will do DHCP

Please, NO! This whole how many questions to ask thing
is complex enough. I do not want to answer questions like:
"But I do not want to install a server, why should I say
 'server'? I only want that my network connection works."

What about just
'fast' 'custom' 'expert' for high medium and low.
(perhaps having 'veryfast' for critical, too)

(expert is still a bad word, as it also bear the confusion for a newbie
 to think that he should not use it, though it might be the best thing
 to use in strange circumstances. Perhaps he will be already used to it
 due to the common misuse of the term..)

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
<Jim_Button> nobody ever says "yeah, most people agree with me, but the silent
+majority probably doesn't", i wonder why...