(Incomplete) installation report

Sorry for this being a little late and incomplete, but I
haven't been able to find the report I filled when I tried
installing using the new installer..

I used the beta2 floppies installer (last one avilable on
the debian site).
I never got to the second stage (AFAIK the installer
doesn't work for stable, but I tried it anyways).

After the detection of the cdrom and a failed attempt to
connect to the network, I started a console and made a dir
"/target".

Then I typed

cd /[enter]
cd tar[pressed Tab for autocompletition]
[leftarrow][leftarrow][leftarrow]  (until I got in front of
the target word)[Del]

The result was that the string "cd arget" was appended to
the existing string (but the previous string was
unaccessable).

Again I am really sorry for this being so late.

the uname result:

Linux debian 2.4.22-1-386 #9 Sat oct 4 14:30:39 EST 2003
i686 unknown

If this info isn't enough, I will try to rerun and
reproduce the bug again (and fill again the instalation
report).

Eddy.