Re: [l10n] Welsh translation for debian-installer

Dafydd Harries wrote:
> I've prepared a translation of debian-installer into Welsh. (ISO 639
> code "cy"). The translation should be (more or less) current at the time
> of writing. I've prepared the changes as a diff here:
>
> <http://muse.19inch.net/~daf/misc/debian-installer-welsh.patch>

I'll let one of the people who deals with this stuff deal with this..

> Assuming this translation seems OK, might I request a CVS account in
> order to do further translation updates?

I suspect that if you sign up for an account on alioth, and mail the
username to me or another admin, you'll get one quickly, based on your
work.

>  - partman/partman-partitioning/debian/templates: two templates are
>    identical except that one has "perform the these" where the other has
>    "perform these".

Fixed.

>  - Near-identical messages in tools/ddetect/debian/hw-detect.templates and
>    tools/ddetect/debian/ethdetect.templates:

>    It would be nice if these could be identical, to save translators
>    a little work and make things more consistent.

Not to mention saving 5 kilobytes on our root floppy! Probably you just
paid for the additional space of a Welsh translation with this single
observation.

>  - In partman/partman-basicfilesystems/debian/templates, a full stop
>    (period) should be added to the end of the paragraph

Fixed.

>  - Two template descriptions in
>    retriever/choose-mirror/debian/choose-mirror.templates are very
>    similar but not identical:

>    This seems to be due to the fact that the first description is not
>    properly wrapped to 80 characters.

I think that po-debconf deals with word-wrapping, but I've fixed that
and also the slight wording difference.

> Thanks!

Thank you.

--