Re: [l10n] What to do when package is just released?

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 04:39:24PM +0200, Ognyan Kulev wrote:
> Many d-i packages are released recently and I would like to know what to
> do when package is just released.  Is the following command OK, followed
> by adding UNRELEASED after "(version)"?  It's good if this is documented
> in doc/translations.txt.
> $ dch -i
> BTW I did this for retriever/choose-mirror, but without adding
> UNRELEASED.

It is actualy documented, at least I think I got my information from
there. ;)

'dch -i' increases the version of the package, which is not appropriate if
the changelog already contains an UNRELEASED tag. Some maintainers
provided  such a tag immediately after the release, so that the
translators do not junk their logs. In general: if you see an 'unstable'
in the top ne, do a dch -i and change the top line to 'UNRELEASED'. If
there is an 'UNRELEASED', put your changes below it.

So, in short: you have understood it right, except for the last paragraph
with choose-mirror -- you should have changed 'unstable' to 'UNRELEASED'.

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org