Re: Base system installation error

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 20:07, Joey Hess wrote:
> Johannes Behr wrote:
> > In the 'beta 2' version I could just start a 'net'
> > install right at the lilo boot prompt.
>
> http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/netboot/mini.iso
> (3 mb)

OK, works better --- but still not through.

boot, network/DHCP setup, loading of installer components from
a mirror works.

The hardware-detection process does not hang. Good.

But than the install stops at the 'Partition a hard drive'
section.

When I select the section, nothing starts --- goes right
back to the install menu. Just a short flicker.

When I try to select the next step 'Configure and mount partitions'
the installer pops up a red 'No partions found'

That's it :(

The dell notebook has just a normal build-in drive :(

It's really frustrating. I must have a running system on
the notebook for a presentation next week. I thought I could
use reinstall my debian (had some trouble with the nvidia-driver)
to get a clean system and now I really don't know how
to get the system up and running again.

regards,
  Johannes

--