Re: partman review

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 01:55:17PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> Mmm, how long is this delay ?

It depends.  I don't expect it to be more than 30 sec in the worst
case.  If the delay you observed is longer then maybe you discovered
some bug?  If this happens again, please send me the output of the
command "ps" as well as the contents of the file /var/log/partman.

> Yeah, it should be a arch/subarch dependant thingy. Also, in some case,
> the hardware can use different partition table formats, but this may
> have influence on what other OS you can run on the OS together. Maybe a
> possibility to add a per subarch information screen would be nice.

OK.

> And reiserfs seems to have been broken in the past, not sure though.

Does this mean it is better to use external tool rather than parted to
format reiserfs?

Actualy I have observed parted to fail to format even ext2.  That's
why now partman tries to use mkfs.ext2 if parted fails to format a
partition.

Anton Zinoviev