Re: available for french translation

Quoting Noel Nachtegael (N Consulting) (noel.4debian@nconsulting.net):

>    my name is Noël I am from Belgium
>
>    I am available for french translations for the installer

Thanks for the offer. We will find work for you. Probably not in the
Debian Installer because the french team currently handles it well (I
don't find anything to be translated....). However, other Debian
translation work still needs manpower.

I suggest you subscribe to the debian-l10n-french mailing list as all the
french translation work in Debian is coordinated there.

We currently work on packages debconf translation (100% target not
that far), web site translation, manuals translations. There is always
translation, proofreading, coordination work to do.

Not speaking of upstream software translations for which the work is
still huge as more and more software now use gettext.

The french team is lucky because we have some good manpower but more
people are always welcome. Come and join us.

If you're bilingual, the dutch translation team may also need
manpower. Ask Bart Cornelis (cobaco@linux.be), or debian-l10n-dutch
about this.