Re: Changelogs & translations, once again....

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 05:18:42PM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > We should maybe put it in production for ONE package by putting
> > some warning lines in the changelog so that translators do not
> > update it anymore.
> I suppose that this script was inspired by the mess in the
> changelogs of partman.

Maybe, I don't remember exactly which one it was ;)

> So lets take one of the packages of partman.

Agreed. It is the most changing package at the moment.

> I looked in the text of the script.  I suppose that here a "^"
> should be added to the pattern of grep:
>
> DATE=`grep " --" "$CHANGELOG" | head -n $LINE | tail -n 1 | sed 's/.*>  //g'`

Indeed, thanks. The script is rather rudimentary ;) written as it is
called, "in a half an hour on one's knee" (for the russians here "за
полчаса на коленке").... Corrected.

> LINE=`grep "; urgency=" "$CHANGELOG" | head -n 2 | tail -n 1 | sed
> 's/:.*//g'`
>
> instead of
>
> LINE=`grep "; urgency=" "$CHANGELOG" | grep -n "$RELEASE" | head -n
> 1 | sed 's/:.*//g'`

I guess not. The idea behind this was, IIRC, to grep out the latest
"$RELEASE"-release, that is, if the changelog has some "experimental"
lines in it and we are looking for unstable releases, the first
unstable release line would be taken. Experimental releases do have
some serious bugs apart from translations, so it shouldn't be too
important to mention translation updates in the release to
experimental, but rather to unstable.

> What about po-files translated by a team with more than one
> translator?

I guess I could grep for "Translation-Team", but I don't really know,
where to put it in the changelog. Something like the following is too
clumsy, IMHO.

* Translations updated:
 - Russian (ru.po) by Nikolai Prokoschenko from the Russian L10n Team

Or should I just skip the mentioning of the name, if translation team
field is set, as it is then clear, that a team made this possible?

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org