Re: release status

On 25.II.2004 at 12:04 Joey Hess wrote:

> Unless it's default for the next beta, we will not get any install
> reports about it though. Do you mean make it default to see how it does?

I suppose that there will be some reports even if it is not default
provided it is visible in the main-menu.

Some issues regarding partman:

1. At present it doesn't work well with lvmcfg.  This is because
   lvmcfg requires only partitioned-harddrives but partman provides
   also made-filesystems and mounted-partitions.  A possible quick fix
   is to invoke the postinst of lvmcfg from inside of partman.

2. Switching from cfdisk to parted is more or less one-way direction.
   This is because cfdisk can not handle many of the partition tables
   that parted creates.

3. It is tested mostly only by me so we need some time to be sure that
   everything is OK.

> By the way, I think your recent set of changes addressed many of my UI
> issues, I have not had a chance to test them yet.

I will be glad to see any suggestions.

> > 2. Fix #220281.  Once I wiped out the data in an important partition
> >    because of this bug.
>
> Well does partman avoid this bug? :-)

Yes.  No known bugs. :-)

Anton Zinoviev