ARM d-i port - someone add me to the alioth project please

OK, having had my arse kicked by AJ, I'm going to spend a bit of time trying
to get Lart and balloon working with D-I - Can D-I work down a serial
console as primary interface? If not then it's no good on these platforms,
and I'll take a look at riscpc instead.

I had looked at this a while ago, but since it moved to D-I, my cvs copy was
broken, so extra faff was involved and Vince said he was doing it so I let
it slide.

However it turns out that vince is too busy with kernels to manage D-I
porting as well so it hasn't happened, which means I need to sort out
alioth CVS use.

I've just signed up (set a password) for my account so I can wander round
the web stuff, but I can't do a non-anymous cvs checkout:
CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d:ext:$userid@cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/d-i co debian-installer
<snip>
wookey@cvs.alioth.debian.org's password:
Permission denied, please try again.

Do I need to wait for something to get updated (at midnight?) or do I need
adding as a developer to the project to get userid cvs access? If so can
someone do that please? thanx

Presumably adding me to a project as a developer means it will appear on my
'home page' list too?

And I've just opened my debian-boot mailbox for the first time in quite a
while to find 15,000 new messages (and 16,000 old ones). You _have_ all been
busy :-)

Once I can check out a version that I know I'll be able to do commits on
I'll get stuck in (or do I need to work on an anymous checkout until some
competence is shown? - I hope not that's a faff we can all do without).

I used to know how b-f worked, but don't know much about d-i. Is there a
porters doc I should read before getting stuck in, or any other useful
getting-started info?

I've got plenty of other comitments like everyone else of course, especially
emdebian, which I don't want to let slide as it's actually getting somewhere
right now, but the continued lack of an arm d-i port is becoming critical so
I should try and do my bit.

Anything else adminy that needs doing, or things I should know?

TIA

Wookey