Re: Installing Debian using debian-sarge-netinst.iso (powerpc)

I kept getting the "Apple_Bootstrap" error when I was installing. It
turned out that using a different version of the installation files fixed
the problem.

I now think I know what I was doing wrong. Using Disk Utility to create the partitions for the Debian filesystem is a mistake. I haven't done it yet but I am hoping that by creating one large partition for Debian, (using Disk Utility), and then creating the Debian partitions using the installer, (within that large partition), will work. This link has been helpful, (although it doesn't apply directly to the new debian-sarge-netinst.iso installer):

http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html

Did you burn your .iso image in OS X? If so, how did you do
it so that it would boot from your computer?

Yes I did burn my .iso image to disk in OS X. I used Roxio's Toast Titanium. I'm not sure why, but Toast often works where Disk Utility fails. I think it has to do with preserving permissions in the .iso image.