Inhibit a module

Hello !

I have tried  beta 2 on some laptop,  then a snapshot  with no success
because the loading of usb-uhci hangs the system. I have tried to boot
with init=/bin/sh, remove the  module  then exec debian-installer  but
the installation  fails later due  to lack  of space. I  have tried to
allocate a larger space with tmpfs (100 M), then copy the whole system
on this  space,  chroot then exec   debian-installer but the installer
hangs after  the choice of  the language.  I have  tried  to boot with
various options to disable usb-uhci with no success.

Is there some steps to disable one particular module ?
--
Use variable names that mean something.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)