Current snapshot omission???

I'm confused...

Is network install support being removed from the project? I noticed on the latest snapshot there is no /install/net.gz file. I use this file along with the /install/vmlinuz kernel to tftpboot systems for install.

I also have found installing sid using the above listed files from beta2, results in the install not proceeding until a cdrom is mounted...

The reason we use a tftpboot install is because we don't install cdroms or floppies in any of our test equipment.

Since sarge won't install due to dependency issues, and sid wants a CD to read, I can no longer use the beta or snapshot installers, and must install using the old bf2.4 net images (which is how we used to do installs before beta2).

So I guess I'm asking if network boot installations will be supported in the future? And also if I'm the only person faced with a tftp boot requirement?

Thanks for listening,

Stu Sheldon
ACT USA

--
FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #15