Re: chinese case in current languagechooser (was Re: Languagechooser changes)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:59:19 +0100
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> There is also this mandarin/cantonese duality.....Indeed I don't
> really understand how Simplified/Traditional and mandarin/cantonese
> are related?
>
> Simplified is a simplified Chinese, yes. But which one? Mandarin or
> Cantonese?
>
> Traditional Chinese is the "good old" Chinese language. But, again,
> which one? Madarin or Cantonese?
>
> What will we do for people who speak
> Chinese in Hong-Kong (valid locale)? Carlos mentions they speak
> cantonese. So?

Sorry for the confusion.

Mandarin/Cantonese are two kinds of pronounce.
Simplified/Traditional Chinese are two kinds of writing method.
Because d-i can't SPEAK chinese ^_^, Please ignore what's mandarin/cantonese.

--
 Best Regards,
 Carlos