Re: remastering d-i netinst CDs

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 11:09:27AM -0800, Shane Wegner wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am trying to get a Debian sarge installation CD built
> using a custom kernel.  I am new to d-i so am not really
> sure of the best place to start.  I am familiar with
> building kernel debs with kernel-package but am not sure
> what special considerations if any need to be taken for
> building a udeb.  Also, though I've figured out how to
> build the images and initrd via debian-installer/build, I
> can't seem to figure out how the actual netinst iso is
> built from there.  I assume since there are daily builds of
> netinst, there are scripts to do this.  Are they available
> anywhere?

Hey, you did better than me. I checked out the whole thing this afternoon,
and tried to get it to build, and failed. I'm trying to make a new CD with a
modified udeb incorporated for testing changes to that udeb before I file a
patch against an existing bug. How did you get it to build (I tried "make
build_cdrom_default").

Andrew