switch to partman?

Hi,
  it seems to me that there should be a switch to partman soon.
partconf has many problems and some of it's bugs are left opened for a
few months. I, for one, have not managed to install Debian using
partconf (I fall into a loop and I can't assign a mount point for /),
I just go back to the menu and choose partman. Should it be the time
to make partman the default partitioner? There is no sense in keeping
two partitioning programs for ever anyway.
Of course, that's just a suggestion...

Konstantinos