base-installer & bind mounts

I sure miss bind mounting when using a 2.2.x kernel. Speaking of which,
base-installer uses a bind mount to mount the cdrom to /target/cdrom.

If I'm using an iso image, then I can loopback mount the original
image to /target/cdrom (if I could figure out how to get
iso-scan/success:Variables:FILENAME back out of debconf).

However, what about a real cdrom? I can't mount it in two places, can
I umount it from /cdrom and mount it to /target/cdrom? Does anything
else use /cdrom after base-installer mounts it in /target/cdrom?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>