Re: ia64 boot failure - no kernel

Hi there. I downloaded the iso you suggested, which also failed in the same way when attempting to boot the same way.

However, after examination of the contents of boot.img, I thought it might be a good idea to try passing conf files from the bios boot loader. I configured the bios to pass 'elilo.conf' and it successfully booted. Yay!

I've reached parted, and I'm learning how to use it right now. Thank you for the help. :)