Re: PXE Netboot reports, problem with daily built d-i

Hi,

thanks for your answers...

> > - please write down the right boot parameters in the
> >     INSTALLATION_HOWTO!! :-)
>
> The HOWTO links to the wiki's netboot page, which explains this.

ok, right, but not in the one here
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/doc/INSTALLATION-HOWTO

I though it would be worth mentioning the boot parameter line in the
INSTALLATION-HOWTO section 2.4, even if very briefely, jsut for
completeness (if you do not have a PXE boot server up and running that is
a different problem, but boot parameters pertain to the debian-installer
HOWTO   :-)

> Not if we want to support UTF8. Most systems do not have problems with
> the frame buffer.

ah, ok. Well, the only real problem is the at least 3 lines i cannot see at
the botton. Mostly cosmetic if you can always stay in the main window, but
if you need to switch to the shell it is very upsetting. Suggestions for
avoiding that? Video mode selection screen?

Regarding the installation, i now managed to get it done using
testing/beta2 and manually installing the (missing) kernel

> > i was kicked out into the main menu after "detecting hardware" because
> > there was no HD being detected, kernel was saying:
> >
> > ignoring BAR0-3 of ide Controller ****
> >
> > so there were no ide disks/partitions available for installation....
> > Something wrong with the daily buit kernel in comparison to the beta2
> > one?
>
> You're doing netboot and then it downloads the wrong (or no) disk driver
> modules from testing. Tell it to install unstable if you want to test
> beta2 netboot.

Upppps... i see... i had selected a testing installation instead of
unstable one....

Regards, Ariel