Re: conditional for pkg-list, sparc needs two cdrom-initrd

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 11:57, Blars Blarson wrote:
> For sparc, I've found I need to build two separate cd-initrd.gz's: one
> for sun4cdm (sparc32) and another for sun4u (sparc64).

Why do you need to do this?  All the userspace stuff should be the same
- Only the kernel modules would be different.   What problem are you
seeing?

> (sparc32 machines may not be able to build sparc64
> initrd, but sparc64 can build sparc32.)

gcc -m64 should work from a sparc32 machine.  In fact, we need to always
assume that we're building from sparc32.  That's the jail that the
autobuilder sits in/

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
I never know what to expect when you respond to my postings. No insult
intended, you are merely a surprise :)