How to prevent PCMCIA lockup with Dell Inspiron 8100

I reinstall the system after changing disk. I've installed before debian
using Disk floppies, and I solved the PCMCIA lockup by modifying
/etc/pcmcia config file to exclude port 0x800-0x8ff [1].

Now I am trying to use debian installer (tried unstable sarge beta 2 and
sarge 05Feb2004 netinst ISOs).

I do not manage to skip the pcmcia detection.

I've tried "nopcmcia" argument at boot, tried "pci=biosirq acpi=on
nopcmcia noapic noauto noapm", tried expert mode, without luck.

Any idea, appart from going back to boot floppies?

Jerome

[1] http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/doc/PCMCIA-HOWTO-2.html#ss2.5