Re: d-i install failure on Alpha

George France said the following:
As it has been discussed many times in the past, the qlogic isp driver is broken on the alpha architecture. Use the Feral driver.

I would be happy to for my custom compiles. It seems to apply clean to kernel-source-2.4.24 so I'll compile one and make sure it boots. But that still doesn't fix the d-i situation, unless someone starts including the feral driver in the Debian source tree. And the fact that it works in the vanilla tree seems to suggest something is broken in one of the trees to me. And it doesn't appear that any effort has been made to port it to 2.6, which will be a concern in the future.

I don't mean to beat this horse any more than necessary, but if there is a working driver shouldn't it be included in the Debian tree and images?

Best Regards,

--George

Thanks,
	Jim.