di automatic installations?

Hi, Im trying to do an automatic installation of
my systems, so I can restore them in case of
disaster. I tried FAI a while ago, but I think it
is too complex or I am too st*p!d :), so I have a
set of scripts that partition a hard disk,
debootstrap a linux partition, install some
packages, etc etc.
I tried d-i recently (beta 1), and liked the modular
approach, but it failed to recognize my SATA disk
on a Asus KT600 (maybe that's solved in beta2?).

My question is, is there support to do automatic/custom
installations with d-i? If so, where is the
documentation?

Thanks in advance,
Pablo.

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS