Re: Install Report - Failure to detect SCSI Adaptec AIC-7892a

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 09:09:33AM -0500, Erik Dykema wrote:
> 	However in the past few days the installer has failed to detect the
> scsi card in my machine, which seems to be a big step backwards.
> 	It's a Dell PowerApp Web 100 1U server.  The installer stops on the
> 'Partition Hard Disk' step, and won't go any further. I have checked
> dmesg and the usual lines where it picks up on the scsi controller are gone.
> 	I think this might have something to do with the new kernel.
> 	Previous attempts at installation got past this point, but they were .22

In bug 230344, I reported that anna downloaded an incompatible
md-modules package.  Would you please check to see if it
downloaded an incompatible modules package by looking in
/var/lib/dpkg/status?

--
Matt Kraai            kraai@ftbfs.org            http://ftbfs.org/