Install Report - Failure to detect SCSI Adaptec AIC-7892a

Hi-
I have been testing the daily builds almost every weekday since at least december, so far progress has continued to the point where i can get almost all the way through the installer :) However in the past few days the installer has failed to detect the scsi card in my machine, which seems to be a big step backwards. It's a Dell PowerApp Web 100 1U server. The installer stops on the 'Partition Hard Disk' step, and won't go any further. I have checked dmesg and the usual lines where it picks up on the scsi controller are gone. I think this might have something to do with the new kernel. Previous attempts at installation got past this point, but they were .22 kernels. Now, uname says it's 2.4.24 .

Erik