Re: about PLIP

sylvain ferriol wrote:

hello
i 'm testing plip module and it works manually
before selecting plip from network modules list, i have to insmod partport_pc the problem is that in modules.dep, plip depends on parport and patport_pc depends on parport too
but without parport_pc i have never succeded to make plip work

so we have to add in rootskel/src/etc/modules.conf:
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

if in bios , the parport is configured in ecp mode, we have to add another line in modules.conf: options parport_pc irq=auto but it does not work with SPP (standard mode) so we must put instead in modules.conf: options parport io=0x378 irq=7 (many default bios config) , and it works in ecp mode too

the first bad solution is to hardwire these options in modules.conf but it's arch specific
=> so we have to put modutils tool in rootskel

and the next solution is to display the ethdetect/params window for parport_pc module when the user select plip => so we have to create a sort of module dependences tool for module params window :
=> example a ddetect.dep file with:  "plip: parport_pc"

so if the user wants to config the plip module , he has to config the parport_pc module too ;)

that's all folks
sylvain