about PLIP

hello
i 'm testing plip module and it works manually
before selecting plip from network modules list, i have to insmod partport_pc the problem is that in modules.dep, plip depends on parport and patport_pc depends on parport too
but without parport_pc i have never succeded to make plip work

so we have to add in rootskel/src/etc/modules.conf:
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

there is another problem:
when you read plip howtos, all require to specify an irq for partport_pc but parport_pc never detect it automatically
so we have to specifiy it manually
so when we select plip, we must have the plip 'ethdetect/params' window and the partport_pc params window too

i can not continue because i can not rebuild floppies : it needs libdebian-intaller4 (>=0.17-cvs) which is not in my aptitude list

see you tomorrow
sylvain