Re: goals for next release

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:18:30 -0500, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

 - a graphical syslinux boot screen (needs an artist)

	No progress. On the other hand, something like this might be
	easy to turn into a decent boot screen:

	http://lychnis.net/img/Debian-background.png

	Not a blocker for the next release, but there are good reasons to
	want a graphical boot screen.

Attached is a little something I whipped up for lilo but it will work for syslinux as well. It should be in the right format I ran it through bmptoppm then ppmtolss16. I have the xcf if any one wants it. I also have the lilo splash bmp. One day I plan to make a bootsplash theme similar to it... one day...

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com