Re: something for pci.lst

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 11:42:42PM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> I'm not really sure if it's worth the effort. I think we wuld better put
> our limited time into fixing the already reported discover1 issues and
> providing discover2 packages (I will work on the latter tomorrow).

That's fine with me. Would you mind checking discover2 in to either svn
or cvs so I can work on it too?

> >  1) When we move to discover2 in sid, we'd have to move the
> >  discover-data package to discover-data-2.4. I think I'll actually have
> >  both current discover-data packages Provides: discover1-data instead,
> >  and the new discover to depend on that. That should help plan for this
> >  issue, minimizing its impact.
> OK.

All right, I'll prep a discover-data-2.6 package tonight if I get some
time (I'm in finals right now until the end of the week, so my Debian
time is a bit limited for now). Would you like me to check it in to cvs
or svn?

> >  3) I don't see any clean method to allow the 2.4 and 2.6 packages to
> >  coexist. I suppose doing some more hacky garbage with symlinks and a
> >  debconf question (the way the *dm packages now do) is an option that
> >  I'd be willing to throw together.
> I think the easiest would be to make the to packages conflict and
> document this in README.Debian.

Yeah, although I feel like it hurts people who are just testing out 2.6.
If I can implement my version quickly and without too much pain then
I'll just use that. If not, then the conflicts is definitely the way to
go.

 - David Nusinow