Re: something for pci.lst

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 09:28:33PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> 2.6.1. For 2.4.22 its called "ehci-hcd", as it seems. You have
> to enable the optional development drivers in menuconfig.
>
> The naming conflicts between 2.4.x and 2.6.x is something that
> should be addressed for discover-data. Would it be possible to
> provide a second pci database for the 2.6.x kernels? Or does
> discover2 provide a smarter solution?

This discover1 fix for 2.6 kernels was a fairly simple way to provide
rudimentary support, but it's not meant to be a full solution. 2.6 will
be better supported in discover2, although I still don't know the exact
mechanism for that (Gaudenz?) since I've been putting all my focus on
discover1. Any 2.6-specific fixes will not go in to discover-data while
we're using discover1, since the real focus is on 2.4 support, as that's
what d-i is using and what sarge will be releasing with.

 - David Nusinow