Re: 2.4.24 on i386

Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 06:31:40PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

What say we move i386 up to the 2.4.24 kernel? All the udebs are already
available, all images build ok (and still fit!), and I have even done
partial CD installs using 2.4.24, though never all the way due to the
broken CD I constructed with it. I'm not seeing any problems with going
ahead and changing over; is anyone else?

Supported; I did a full install with 2.4.24 today without seeing any
(kernel-specific) problems. :-)

I don't have problems with 2.4.24 either, but then again, I don't have any SMP boxes. If we go with 2.4.24, we should al least include the SMP deadlock fix from 2.4.25-pre5. Unless the plan is not to stick with 2.4.24 for the final sarge release, of course.

--
Frederik Dannemare