Re: Debian Installer beta2 working on an OldWorld PowerMac-6500/225

Hello Rick,

I'm trying to get debian-installer working well on OldWorld systems. In
order to achieve this, we need to :
    - have miBoot in Debian (for the boot floppy),
    - have a quik-installer udeb, as well as an openfirmware-configurator
    - it seems a miboot/bootx-installer package would be useful, too.

I've been a bit short of time lately, so i've not progressed much about
these things.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 05:25:20PM -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

There is :-)

As you probably know, miBoot is distributed along with BootX, in a
stuffit expander package. I haven't got any MacOS anywhere, so it'd be
cool if you could :
    - Turn BootX's stuffit archive (see http://penguinppc.org/~benh/)
      into a tar.gz containing MacBinary files,
    - Comaintain the package with me, especially the bootx part, as I
      won't be able to use/test BootX at all, so I can't do it myself.

Of course your help would be welcome on any of the above items, too.
Let me know if there's anything you'd like to work on, so we can
coordinate our efforts.

Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org>