Re: Hardware for d-i folks

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 11:15, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader
wrote:
> * Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> [2004-01-09 13:22]:
> > FWIW, I had previously offered an out-of-service alpha to Mako,
> > which I guess hasn't had any takers yet. :)  The box was taken out
>
> (I think we only continued this discussion in private and didn't
> inform -boot.)
>
> This box will be shipped to Matt Kraai who will do some testing on
> Alpha, but probably not much Alpha specific development.
>
> BTW, MIT offered some Alphas with 2 GB of RAM a few months ago, but
> these are quite loud and use much power, so it's not really something
> you can have at home.  But if anyone's interested, I can check if the
> offer still stands.

I have a location for them... if need be I'll go drive and get'em.

Just have to make sure my employer is okay with it (They should be). We
have 1.5Mbps SDSL with uptime guarantees.

My location Grand Rapids, MI.

--
greg@gregfolkert.net