Keyboard deathinstalling on Dimension XPS 8250

I have been trying the Sarge net installers as they have been coming out,
and still keep having the same problem. I insert the CD, reboot, choose
"linux" or "net" install, and as soon as I get to the first screen that
offers the language selection, my keyboard dies (no lights, nothing).
Googling around, I've come across the same report in various Debian lists
for relatively new Dell desktops (Optiplexes and Dimensions).

This is the 100mb sarge-i386-netisnt.iso offered at

If I use the same iso in various other machines (older Dell desktops,
various laptops that I have lying around), this doesn't happen. I presently
have Debian installed on this desktop with Mepis, but wouldn't mind having
a "pure" Debian OS, once this issue finds resolution.

Chuck

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University
<acmuller@gol.com>