Re: beta 2 and beyond

Hi Jeff,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:33:31PM -0500, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 20:23, David Nusinow wrote:
>
> > And for discover1, there is a patch that apparently works to allow
> > discover1 to work with 2.6.
>
> I've been using the "modprobe -n" solution proposed in #223682 for a
> couple weeks now and it's been working well.

Ok, I've applied this patch locally and it works fine with the 2.6.0-2
image from the archive. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's
very slow for some reason. This is in the discover app itself it seems,
not the init script. Have you had this problem as well? I'm going to
commit this change to the discover cvs repo on alioth. If someone
running 2.6 would please download discover and test it to see if the
slowdown is present? Slow support is better than no support, so I'd like
to see this patch present in the d-i release, but I'd like to know if I
need to try and find the source of the slowdown or not.

 - David Nusinow