install report: successful install on iBook

INSTALL REPORT

Debian-installer-version: sid businesscard image from manty, built 09.01.04
uname -a: Linux hal 2.4.22-powerpc #1 jeu déc 18 10:17:34 CET 2003 ppc GNU/Linux
Date: 12.01.04
Method: businesscard image, packages fetched from ftp.de.debian.org (IIRC)

Machine: iBook G4
Processor: G4
Memory: 640 MB
Root Device: IDE, /dev/hda4
Root Size/partition table: single partition 20 GB, /dev/hda4

Base System Installation Checklist:

Initial boot worked:    [E]
Configure network HW:   [O]
Config network:         [O]
Detect CD:              [O]
Load installer modules: [O]
Detect hard drives:     [O]
Partition hard drives:  [ ]
Create file systems:    [O]
Mount partitions:       [O]
Install base system:    [O]
Install boot loader:    [O]
Reboot:                 [O]
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Comments/Problems:

Booting from image didn't work, like all other images I tried before.

Is http://people.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sid_d-i/netinst/powerpc/daily/
the right place to get official daily builds? If so I'll check an image
from there to see if the booting issue is finally solved.

Everything else went fine, though I didn't try to repartition the drive.

Bye, Michael

--
No matter what happens, pretend it was intentional.