Re: Install report

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 12:01:50PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> at first thanks for all your fine work at d-i.  I never installed a Debian
> box so easy and so fast as with

>    http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/i386/daily/sarge-i386-businesscard.iso

> (downloaded today size = 38535168 time = 2004-01-11 23:17).

> I tried the German installation and I think I found only one not yet translated
> screen - so thanks to all the translators as well.

> Only some minor issues could be solved better:

>   1. I selected "testing" as distribution. In this case it makes no sense
>      to include security.debian.org into source.list.  I would include a
>      check here whether the distribution is stable and if not security
>      should be left out here.

I would prefer to always offer security.d.o (and default to yes)
regardless of what distro is being installed.  For one thing, users may
install from the beta while sarge==testing, and want to use security
updates afterwards once it becomes stable, and having this already in
sources.list may be an important reminder to some admins.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer