Re: Install report

Andreas Tille wrote:
>   1. I selected "testing" as distribution. In this case it makes no sense
>      to include security.debian.org into source.list.  I would include a
>      check here whether the distribution is stable and if not security
>      should be left out here.

The installer does make that check for unstable, but since testing does
not get security updates even as fast as unstable, I made it leave the
security lines in for testing.

If you're very lucky, security updates from unstable may have newer
versions that what is in testing, and so you'd get an update. Failing
that, at least this should let you use apt to downgrade to the fixed
version in stable.

>   2. A more serious problem is that the keymap was not set correctly.
>      I verified this by
>          dpkg-reconfigure console-data
>      (selected: qwertz / German / Standard / latin1 - no dead keys)
>      and got the following stderr output:
>
>      Looking for keymap to install:
>      de-latin1-nodeadkeys
>      KDGKBENT at index 128 in table 0: Invalid argument
>      Failed to dump keymap!
>      This might be because your console cannot be opened.  Perhaps you don't have
>      video card, are connected via the serial console or ssh.  Not loading
>      keymap!
>
>      This is a real bug which should be fixed.

Please file a bug report on console-data.

--
see shy jo