Re: Install report

>   2. A more serious problem is that the keymap was not set correctly.
>      I verified this by
>          dpkg-reconfigure console-data
>      (selected: qwertz / German / Standard / latin1 - no dead keys)
>      and got the following stderr output:
>
>      Looking for keymap to install:
>      de-latin1-nodeadkeys
>      KDGKBENT at index 128 in table 0: Invalid argument
>      Failed to dump keymap!
>      This might be because your console cannot be opened.  Perhaps you
>      don't have
>      video card, are connected via the serial console or ssh.  Not loading
>      keymap!
>
>      This is a real bug which should be fixed.

The same here. At the first boot this error message also shows up very
quickly, but then the next dialog (whiptail) screen covers the error. So
I'm actually not sure if it is the exact same error. However, I believe
that /var/log/base-config.log is a transcript of this and there I have this
error.

Needless to say that I have very well a VGA card attached and am logged in
via normal keyboard.

--
Try Linux 2.6 from BitKeeper for PXA2x0 CPUs at
http://www.mn-logistik.de/unsupported/linux-2.6/