installation report - successful powermac installations

INSTALL REPORT

Debian-installer-version: sid netinst and businesscard images from
gluck, built 01/11/2004
Date: 01/13/2004
Method: tested both businesscard and netinst images

Machine: PowerBook G4 500Mhz
Processor: G4
Memory: 256 MB
Root Device: IDE, /dev/hda10

Base System Installation Checklist:

Initial boot worked:    [O] (1)
Configure network HW:   [O]
Config network:         [O] (2)
Detect CD:              [O]
Load installer modules: [O]
Detect hard drives:     [O]
Partition hard drives:  [O]
Create file systems:    [O] (3)
Mount partitions:       [O]
Install base system:    [O]
Install boot loader:    [O]
Reboot:                 [O]
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Comments/Problems:

(1) The title of the boot loader message was:
Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux ${DEBIAN_VERSION}!
Seems as the substition is not done correctly by debian-cd

(2) Why does netcfg ask for a hostname at priority high?
I thought that this is implemented in base-config now. If we keep the
minimal questions in d-i policy this should go away again.

(3) On the netinst install partitioner crashed after I selected the
filsystem for the root partition. On the second try it worked without
problems.

These images seem to be quite beta2 ready for powermacs.

Gaudenz