Re: installation report - successful powermac installations

Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> (1) The title of the boot loader message was:
> Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux ${DEBIAN_VERSION}!
> Seems as the substition is not done correctly by debian-cd

Drat, I see another bug in my old attempted fix for that. I have checked
a fix into debian-cd cvs; manty will need to cvs up at least
tools/boot/sarge/boot-powerpc in his tree.

> (2) Why does netcfg ask for a hostname at priority high?
> I thought that this is implemented in base-config now. If we keep the
> minimal questions in d-i policy this should go away again.

I put that in at the last minute, because the stuff base-config does
does not currently catch all the places a hostname might go.

> (3) On the netinst install partitioner crashed after I selected the
> filsystem for the root partition. On the second try it worked without
> problems.
>
> These images seem to be quite beta2 ready for powermacs.

Good news.

Which image set did you test, the ones with the unstable udebs, or the
ones with the testing udebs? If you're not sure just tell me the url.. I
need to know whether I should propigate some (which? all?) udebs into
testing for powerpc, or whether the current set is ok.

--
see shy jo