Re: INSTALL REPORT with 2004-01-09 netinst, failed

Quoting Yann Dirson (ydirson@fr.alcove.com):

I won't anwser to all of these. Only those I have a kind of answer or
something to add.

> BTW, is it wise at all to use devfs, which is tagged as OBSOLETE in 2.6 !?

I have the same objection. This breaks out from woody AND from next
release.

The argument for using devfs is that the default kernel for sarge is 2.4.

> - Selecting "French" as the keyboard layout after reboot, I do not
> have time to see the keymap name, and subsequent error message, before
> the next dialog screen.  And I end up with a querty-looking layout.

Hmmmmm. Have to look at this. I'm not sure I understand properly the problem.

> - When asked to select (again) an http mirror for downloading
> packages, 1) my previous selection is not the default, maybe because
> of 2) the country names being listed in english, despite all other
> text being correctly in french.  However, the proxy information was
> correctly memorized.

1) is not because of 2)

2) is because of an outdated french translation in these images, which
is corrected in HEAD now

1) is however a problem....please report this as a bug against
base-config