Re: Failed Install - Post-Reboot network is lost

One more note-
After the install has completed, I rebooted the machine. As it is going down, something about the /network/interfaces file flashes onscreen, though too quick to read vigorously. When it comes back up, the network doesn't work anymore until I run dhclient again manually.

Erik

Everything seems to work great up until the moment that the machine reboots. After this point, the network seems to be lost. I put in my mirror information, and it comes back and says 'Temporary Failure Resolving...'.

I dropped into a shell and ran ifconfig -a, and it showed me the interfaces, I looked in dmesg and it loaded the correct drivers (eepro100), it just for some reason failed dhcp, perhaps it timed out.

I ran dhclient and it worked, bound the adapter to the address, and now installation seems to be proceeding normally.

I think that either dhclient wasn't run before, or it failed / timed out, and wasn't retried, nor was warning given.

Perhaps the proper behavior should be to try DHCP, and if it fails give a 'Try again sometimes it's slow' dialogue like in the initial installer boot.

thanks,
Erik